Testimonial from an Epi-K patient: Nick Barfield

I have always had pretty sensitive eyes. I wouldn't say that I am a huge fan of objects in or around my eye area either. I was tired of wearing glasses and unable to wear contacts comfortably. I went in for a consultation with Dr. Bogart just to see what my options were. Before having surgery I couldn't really make out the big "E" on the eye chart. I was very nearsighted with astigmatism. Dr. Bogart decided that the safest option for someone with my prescription would be to have a surface procedure. I had Epi-K surgery performed on both eyes. I knew the healing process would take a little longer and that my vision would not be perfect right away. I also knew that there would be some more discomfort associated with the procedure. I was basically down for a weekend, not feeling like doing a whole lot of anything. At my first follow up visit, my vision was already 20/30. A huge improvement from what I was before surgery. I wore my sunglasses a lot because my eyes were sensitive to light. I hung in there, and at my next follow up appointment my vision was 20/20! Although Epi-K does have it's cons...it was well worth it! It is comforting to find a Doctor that you can trust and a staff that truly cares about you. I know that I had the safest procedure possible and if you see me in glasses now...they're SUNGLASSES!
- Nick Barfield

Comments