Healthy Eyes! An e-mail from one of our Refractive Surgery patients stationed in Afghanistan

Dear Dr. Bogart,

I've been in Afghanistan for almost 6 months now and my eyes seem to be doing fine. I was able to see an Ophthalmologist at the mob site and she kept me on the steroid drops another month or so. She checked me one more time prior to deploying and said the cells looked good with very little disruption present. I think my vision has remained stable. I try to use eye drops as liberally as possible and haven't found the dust to be that bothersome. Functioning without glasses has been a true blessing over here! I look forward to getting home this Fall and I'd like to get in to see you as soon as I can when I get back. Thanks again- LASIK is truly life changing!


Saddler J. Taylor

CPT, FA, SCARNG
Camp Phoenix Force Protection

Comments