Testimonial from a PRK patient: Marty Brittain

My first pair of glasses was prescribed for me in 1980. I really wanted to have LASIK surgery, but I was concerned that I would not be able to afford it. I researched my health care options and found that Carolina Eye Center was one of the most recommended LASIK facilities. I made a phone call just to inquire about pricing - little did I know that less than a month later, I would be seeing without the aid of my contacts or glasses. I was able to apply for a program called CareCredit that would finally allow me to afford eye surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt welcomed by a very friendly staff that took great care of me. I was assured that there was nothing to be afraid of and I would be able to continue doing the things I love.

I work at a computer all day, I play in smoky clubs on the weekends, and I ride my motorcycle as much as possible. The day of my surgery was full of anticipation! I was led into a room that I could literally only see figures in white coats and before I even got up from the table I could see each of the person’s faces around me. My jaw was surely wide open because I could not believe I could see so clearly, so quickly! Because I had the PRK procedure, occasionally there was some slight discomfort, but nothing a little more sleep and medication couldn’t take care of.

I was back at work in no time with my cool shades on and I had absolutely no problems with my eyes. I cannot give a high enough recommendation to the wonderful group of people at Carolina Eye Center. I have been pleased with everything from day one and look forward to my next visit.

- Marty Brittain

Comments