Testimonial from a Cataract Patient: Crystalens

“I am very pleased with the results of having the Crystalens implanted. My vision today is not what it was when I was 20 years old; however, it is very close to what it was when I was 40. My distance vision had deteriorated to where I was no longer able to make out road signs or billboards until I was right next to them. I no longer have that problem. The improvement was immediate and large. As a patient at CEC, the experience has been pleasant and the very professional attitudes and demeanor of the staff is reassuring. I would recommend this lens over the standard lens to my friends and family.”

- Thomas Cuscito
Intraocular lenses (IOLS), like the Crystalens are about the size of Lincoln’s head on a penny and weigh about the same amount as a kernel of corn. They are polished to the precise curvature needed to bend light rays into focus on the retina at the back of your eye. The lens itself is made of an inert plastic and can provide good vision for the rest of your life. The goal of these surgically implanted lenses is to allow you to read the newspaper, prescription bottles, your mail and to see many other things near and far, lessening your dependence on glasses!

For more information about cataracts and IOLs, call our office today: 803-794-0000.

.

Comments